Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Busy Days

Well, this was a busy day. I was following up with fire departments for stuffed animals donations- I didn't get through to anyone, but hopefully will be hear back soon. I was also following up with police departments for donations. I've been working on getting updated letters of support from departments that we donate to. I already have a lot of letters from departments, but it is important to have current letters to include with our grant applications.

I was also focusing on sponsors for the Anniversary Celebration today. There was one company that had sponsored in the past, but wasn't responsive last year. I emailed and they immediately got back to me to let me know that they would review it and they think they will be able to participate. Of course, that isn't a definite, but it is a start. It's helpful to at least get some sort of acknowledgment that your email was received. It is frustrating when you keep reaching out and don't get any response at all.

Auction items are trickling in- we've already added some new ones from last year for the Anniversary event and Date Auction. I went to the mail today and there was a bunch waiting for me- it is such a good feeling when they actually arrive! I've been learning that even if you get denied a donation for years, one should still keep trying. There was one restaurant that I tried for years to get a gift certificate from. I gave up last year and I didn't even reach out to them. I tried them again this year and they will be donating a $50 gift card which I can give to a couple to use on their date.

I need to start reaching out to get single guys and ladies for the auction. It is still pretty early to get people signed up, but there are certain people that I want to start reaching out to.

Tomorrow, I'm meeting with Copley for our fashion show on the 19th. It is almost sold out, which is excellent. It is great when it gets close- all the little pieces comes together to have the event- it really is exciting.

Well, that's it for tonight. There is more to write about, but I'm getting tired. I'm off to eat my grapefruit... what will I do when grapefruit season comes to an end?? Well, by that time, hopefully the delicious summer fruit will be in season- blueberries, watermelon, grapes, cherries, peaches- can't wait! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: