Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Catching Up and a Nice Surprise

Well, this was a night for catching up- except, that I didn't get to cleaning up my office, which is looking like a paper bomb went off in it. I wasn't out tonight, so that gave me the time to catch up on emails, get stuffed animals ready for tomorrow's donation and get some other work things done. I always underestimate how long things take to do.

Things are moving along well. I had a meeting today with a mall that wants to have a Smiling Stiletto event with us this summer. It will also be a fundraiser for Project Smile. We will promote the event to our members and get members to model in the show. They are doing all the coordinating of the event which is great. It is wonderful how shoe club has really helped raise funds and awareness for Project Smile. That was one of my goals when I took it over and it has worked out perfectly.

We received a surprise $5,000 donation from a local company! There is nothing better than surprise donations that come along- it doesn't happen very often. This company has supported us in the past and decided to increase their support which is wonderful. It really makes a huge difference when we get donations like that. This is our first large donation of the year.

Tomorrow, I'm doing a stuffed animal donation to Worcester Fire. We have donated to them before. This donation will have a lot of beanie babies in it. Beanies are good for fire departments because they don't take up a lot of space. After Worcester, I'm zooming back here to start work on a grant and work on date auction and anniversary event sponsors and auction items. I also need to start working on our 2013 calendar, but I don't think I'll get to it this week.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to eat my grapefruit and not do anymore work- I feel like if I start working again, then I'll stay up until 2am. I've been doing pretty well at heading to bed at a decent hour, so I need to stay on that track. Until tomorrow friends....

No comments: