Monday, April 23, 2012

Fashion Show Success

Well, I am happy to announce that the Step into Spring fashion show fundraiser was a success! It was only a small fundraiser in terms of money- we raised approximately $1,900 for Project Smile, but even more so than that was that it helps in terms of raising awareness for Project Smile which is also very important. I only have a couple of photos, I can't wait until I get more. I absolutely love to see photos. Things went smoothly, even with all my butterflies. I think I delivered my speech well- I was feeling the energy with it. I got a lot of good feedback from guests, everyone seemed to be having a great time. Copley Place was a huge help with the event. Thank you to everyone who helped make it a success- I really appreciate it. Our fall one will be October 4. I already started on getting a host for the event.

So what else is going on? I scheduled a donation to Needham Police for later this week. I was also focused on getting sponsors for the date auction. There was a bunch of companies that expressed interest, but I hadn't heard back from, so I was following up with them. It gets frustrating sometimes when you speak to a potential sponsor and they are extremely enthusiastic about being involved with the event, then you try to follow up with them a few times and never get any response. It's one thing if a company isn't particularly interested from the beginning, but when they are really enthused and then disappear- that is a little more difficult to understand. Hopefully, I will hear back from some of these companies soon so that I don't have to keep following up.

I also did some work on date auction gift certificates and a couple of auction items for the Anniversary Celebration.  It was funny- I called a lady who handles marketing for a Boston restaurant group, she has been donating gift certificates for the date auction for the past few years. Before I called her, I checked to see when I first reached out to her last year- it was March 2011. I'm usually like clock work when it comes to contacting donors every year, so I was surprised that I was a month late. I called the lady and she told me how she usually hears from me earlier in the year! Our event is always in September, so it's not like I was waiting until the last minute. It is funny how she remembered what time of year I usually first reach out.

Anyways friends, that's it for tonight. I was going to eat my grapefruit- but I came home and felt hungry, so I randomly decided to have some smoked salmon and then followed that up with a Oreo mint cookie that I think was leftover from my birthday party- a very bizarre combination- so I'm not sure if I'm feeling a grapefruit right now. I am going to watch a bit more TV and read some more Hunger Games- I never would have read it if my sis hadn't given it to me- I am enjoying it so much. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: