Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday Happenings

So what's the latest? Well, I was Polly Productive today- particularly focused on getting gift certificates for both of our big events and contacting sponsors. I received a phone call today from a potential sponsor, so that was great. I emailed the sponsor info to her and she was going to let me know when she got it, but didn't reply, so I'll give her a call tomorrow to make sure that she definitely got it. This would be a great sponsor to have on board and it is a perfect fit for their marketing.

I also reached out to some new gift certificate donors and new anniversary sponsors. I spoke with a new potential sponsor yesterday who said they would be on board which is great. I need to keep working on sponsor outreach- my goal is to get 5 new sponsors on board for the Anniversary Celebration along with the returning sponsors. I spoke with a very nice man today from a local kayaking company, he is going to donate a gift certificate for the auction. It really is so nice when you speak to people who are really pleasant and helpful. My call to his business was one of my last calls for the day and it made the day end on a high note.

Tomorrow morning, I'm doing our donation at Needham PD, then I'm heading to Braintree to pick up the auction items for our silent auction at Wine Fest on Saturday, on the way back, I'm dropping off books and coloring books/crayons at Franklin PD.

I still haven't worked on our April newsletter- since the month is almost over, it is going to become our May newsletter instead. I don't know why it is so hard for me to get that newsletter done in a timely manner- I need to give myself a definite deadline each month to get it done- otherwise, I keep postponing it until the month is almost over. I also have a grant that I need to start working on. I don't think I'll have time for that tomorrow though.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I'm going to write my list for tomorrow, eat my yogurt and pineapple and read some more of the Hunger Games. I should also go and sort through some stuffed animals that arrived, but I'm getting tired. I also have emails that I need to respond to, but that might have to wait until tomorrow too. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: