Thursday, November 1, 2012

Welcome November

Well friends- November has started! October was a great month. It seems like it is too soon for November to be here already. So what's the latest? Well, I've been working on getting support for our local elder care program for the holidays. Last year, we donated stuffed animals at Christmas time for the residents of nursing homes. It was a big success. I definitely want to do it again this year. Last week, I wrote to a Foundation which supported it in the past. Today, I wrote to another local business to see if they would support it as well. I don't know why I didn't take any photos from the nursing home donations last year- I'll be sure to do that this time so I can share them. It is so sad for residents of nursing homes, particularly if they don't have family to spend time with them. I've been able to be there when some of the stuffed animals were given out and you'd be amazed at how happy the residents were. It brought such a smile to their faces.

So what else is going on? We have an awesome Smiling Stiletto event coming up on Thursday, November 29 with DeScenza Diamonds in Peabody. It is a cocktail party with comp appetizers, dessert and cocktails for guests along with special shopping discounts. They are donating 10% of the proceeds to Project Smile. We're also asking guests for a $5 donation at the door to Project Smile. DeScenza is giving away a $7,000 diamond pendant necklace during the event to one lucky lady! I started promoting the event last month. It should be a nice little fundraiser for us. Here is the link for details and registration.
1st Annual Smiling Stiletto Diamond Drop

On Saturday, we're doing another silent auction at Wine Fest in Boston. We've been doing silent auction there for the past few years and it has always worked out great. The event is put on by Boston Event Guide and they have always been very supportive of Project Smile. We do two silent auctions back to back at their afternoon and evening sessions. In the spring we raised a little over $1,000 which was really good. I love events like this that raise a decent amount of money without requiring a ton of time or effort. I wish we could do more of them.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to read some more of this mystery that I'm really enjoying- "The Man From Beijing". I wish I had some fruit to eat, but I don't- how I miss delicious summer fruit! Grapefruits aren't in season yet- that is my usual winter fruit. Oh well, I might just have to finish off the rest of the eclair that is sitting in the fridge! Until next time friends....

No comments: