Monday, November 19, 2012

Latest and Greatest

So what's new? Well, on Friday we donated about 150 stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons and a few puzzles to the Dept. of Children & Families. That is my favorite place that we donate to. They work with so many children- there are over 7,000 children that enter foster care every year. I wish we had the resources to donate to DCF even more frequently.

Next week, we will be donating to our 178th department, Chelsea Police. It's always exciting to be donating to a new department. We do really well each year in adding new departments that we partner with. It is really hard, almost impossible, to keep up with donations to all the departments, but I do the very best that I can. I received an email last week from a department in New Hampshire. The juvenile officer emailed me and asked if we could send stuffed animals. He said that their department is in a ski resort community and they get a lot of car accidents involving children. He wanted the officers to have stuffed animals to give to the kids. I'm mailing boxes of stuffed animals to them tomorrow. We've only donated to a couple of departments in NH, so it is great to expand up there, even if it is only one more department.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I had a lot of stuffed animal donation emails to catch up on earlier tonight, I got most of them done. I'm now off to start a new Ian Rankin mystery that I picked up from the library today and have my grapefruit. Until tomorrow friends....

No comments: