Thursday, November 29, 2012

Wednesday Happenings

So what's the latest friends? Well, good news- we will be getting another grant from a local Foundation which has supported us for the past few years. I was getting a little worried because they usually call us for an interview, but I hadn't heard from them yet and I knew their annual grant awards dinner was coming up next Wednesday. They had expanded their grant application this year and I thought that I did a good job with answering the questions. This afternoon, I received a phone call from one of the board members to let us know that we will be receiving a grant and inviting us to the dinner next week. I was so happy to hear from the Foundation and told the board member that I had been getting worried! He was very nice. He said that they have only been calling the charities that are new applicants in for interviews. Unfortunately, I have an event to attend next Wednesday, so I can't make the dinner.

We donated to our latest department, Chelsea Police on Monday. This is our 179th department! Here is the a photo from the donation. I like this photo a lot- even though I look quite small!
Tomorrow, we have a great Smiling Stiletto event at DeScenza Diamonds in Peabody. They are hosting a cocktail party for our members and giving away a $7,000 diamond pendant to one lucky winner. They're donating 10% of the the sales to Project Smile and we're asking guests for a $5 donation at the door. It will only be a small fundraiser, but every donation adds up, so I'm happy to have their support. They've put together a fantastic selection of appetizers and drinks for the guests and prizes, so I'm really looking forward to it. Organizing the Smiling Stiletto Shoe Club has been a wonderful way to help raise awareness and funds for Project Smile. If you'd like to join us tomorrow night, here is the link:
http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=lzytkqcab&oeidk=a07e6jwposs6a02b35e

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to eat my grapefruit and attempt to head to bed early, but since it is almost 12:30 right now, I'm not sure if that will happen! Until next time friends...

No comments: