Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Latest and Greatest

Greetings friends! It is another snowy evening here. So what's the latest? Well, our donation on Friday to DCF went well as usual. We donated over 300 stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons. Here is a photo.
In other news- we're getting gift certificates already in for our Date Auction couples to use. It always feels good when we start getting auction items in. The Paint Bar donated certificates for 2 couples and The Fireplace committed to donating a certificate as well. Both places have donated for our past events. It is such a help when businesses respond quickly and even better when they send their certificates immediately. It makes my job so much easier.

Still no decision has been made with mobile marketing. There is one company that I'm leaning towards, but I'm not 100% sure. There are other companies that I like as well, but they are more expensive- some of them quite extensively. I'm not expecting to raise a ton of money in the beginning with mobile donations- it takes time for it to grow. So, I don't want to spend a huge amount of money on the service.

In good news, we received our check today from our Smiling Stiletto 2nd Annual Diamond Drop fundraiser with DeScenza Diamonds in Peabody  last month- the event raised $400 for us which I'm happy about. DeScenza donated 10% of the sales during our event. It is a terrific event- the store is on board for another event this December.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to eat my grapefruit and read some more of my book- some things never change! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: