Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Event Progress

Greetings friends! Happy frigid Tuesday. So what's new? Well, I had a great meeting with Copley Place today to talk about our Step into Spring fashion show fundraiser on May 1. The event is months away, but I'm already excited for it. We have some great food vendors on board already along with Voli Vodka- our delicious liquor sponsor. Danielle Vollmar, who hosted our fall show, is going to host our spring show. She was very nice and did a great job. Copley has some retailers signed up to participate and they're working on getting a couple more. It is always a great event and this year's will be another good one.

In good news- we are making more progress with getting gift certificates for the Date Auction couples to use on their date. There was one restaurant that donated a gift certificate worth $250, which is excellent. I had been trying for the last 3 years to get a gift cert. donated from them, so I was happy to finally get a donation. It is so important to not give up- even if a place hasn't donated before, you never know how things can change. Of course, there are always a bunch of places that I reach out to every year and who never donate, but it is still worth trying. I think that starting in January really helps because a new calendar year has started for charitable donations for a lot of businesses.

Well friends, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to eat my grapefruit and watch Jay Leno. There's lots more to write about, but I'm getting tired and can't remember anything! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: