Monday, January 13, 2014

Chugging Along

Happy Monday friends! Can you imagine that we are almost halfway through January? It seems like New Years was just yesterday. So what's new? Well, today was a slow day. I'm still not any closer to choosing which company we're going to go with for mobile donations. A company which provides event management software did an online demo with me this morning. Their software is beautiful, but it is too expensive for us and it isn't something that we have to do. Our events, even with the Date Auction, are still on the smaller side, so there isn't a need to have expensive software. It is good to see what's available and I think that the price will eventually come down more as more developments are launched. I wish we could use it, but I don't think it is the best expense for us at this point. We need to grow more. I wish there was a software that could magically get more people to attend events. I think every event planner would spend lots of money on that!

In other good news- Sofft Shoes is continuing their support and is back to sponsor our 8th Annual Date Auction on Sept. 19. They are donating 10 pairs of shoes for the ladies with the 10 highest bids on our handsome bachelors. That is an awesome promotion and I'm so happy that they are on board again. We're also doing our usual partnership with Yelp and will be the featured event in their weekly newsletter during the week before our event.

On Friday, we're doing another donation of stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons to the Dept. of Children of Families. I'm going to follow up with other departments to tomorrow to make some more donations. Tomorrow, I also have another online demo with one of the mobile donation companies that I spoke with last week. Hopefully, this will make it easier to make a decision. I'd like to get this done soon so I can stop thinking about it and get it launched.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to read for a bit and find something good to snack on- grapefruit or cheese/crackers? Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: