Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Lets Get Mobile

Greetings friends! So what's new? Well, the quest for choosing a good mobile marketing partner continues. I spoke with a company yesterday that provides text-to-pledge and other mobile marketing services. They are more affordable than the other company that I spoke with. This company did a text demo with me which was beautiful. We do our email marketing through Constant Contact, so this morning I went on their website to see if they had any partners they worked with that offer mobile marketing. I found one company that I spoke with briefly- I'm going to go through a demo with them tomorrow. This one is cheaper than the company that did the demo, but I don't know if their service is as good. It is so exciting to be launching a mobile giving platform. Fundraising via texting is only going to grow and if we're not on it, we are missing out. I'd like to choose a mobile marketing company this week, so we can get launched soon.

In other news, I submitted the updates for our Help Us page on our website. Those were the updates that I had been struggling with doing on Monday. I revisited it today and was able to write some good text that really reflects all our volunteer opportunities and I submitted some photographs to include on our page to help make it pop. Our web host is really good with updating our site, so I'm confident that he is going to make the page look good.

I also updated our Volunteer Match profile so we can recruit some new volunteers. Two of our very best interns found us through Volunteer Match. This is such a good time of the year to get things like this done.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to read for a bit- one of my goals this year is to read more. My sister keeps recommending really good books to me and I enjoy reading, so I want to make time to read more. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: