Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesday Happenings

Greetings friends! So what's new? Well, in good news- we have two more food vendors for our fashion show. Good Life Kitchen- an awesome caterer and cooking school in Norwell is returning as a vendor. They have been involved with our spring show for the past couple of years. A local dessert company, Making Whoopie- which specializes in mini whoopie pies- is on board as well to be a food vendor. I know the owner from a couple of women's networking groups that I'm a member of. I asked one of my friends who is a model and restaurant owner if she could help with getting a restaurant to participate. She called me yesterday and thinks that she has a restaurant that wants to be involved- so that would be awesome. If we get that committed, then we will be all done with food vendors for the spring show. I submitted the event to the Improper Bostonian today, so hopefully they will include us in their calendar when the event gets closer. I'm really excited for the fashion show. It is always a fun time and the type of event that I would definitely enjoy attending, even if I wasn't organizing it.

Here is a photo of 2 children who have nicknamed themselves the Lincoln Minions- they collected a load of stuffed animals for us as part of an extra curricular activity. They look like such cute little kids. It's always awesome when children organize collections for us. We get a lot of school groups that do stuffed animal drives for us.
Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm a hungry little monkey, but I'm trying not eat more. I came home from an event and had a delicious late dinner of barbecue chicken and potato/vege salad. Less than an hour later, I was made myself a half sandwich with cream cheese, roast beef and roasted peppers. Now, I'm ready to go make the other half.... but it's late and I really don't need more food. Instead, I will walk thru the kitchen, bypass the fridge and sort some boxes of stuffed animals that arrived in the mail. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: