Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Welcome March!

Welcome to March friends! Ah, this year is already zooming along. So what's new? Well, yesterday I mailed 2 boxes of stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons to the Sisseton Police Department in South Dakota. They reached out to us for a donation for the children they encounter who have been in a traumatic situation. Sisseton is the only open Native American reservation in South Dakota. This is our 190th department to and the first in the mid-west, so that is pretty exciting. It would have been fun to be able to deliver them in person, I've never been to the mid-west or on a Native American reservation. 

I've been working on recruiting models for our Smiling Stiletto Step into Spring fashion show fundraiser at Copley Place on May 1. Tickets are already selling which is excellent. I put the word out for models yesterday and we're already almost filled. I've asked models to commit to bringing 4 guests with them to the event, so that helps sell tickets. It usually isn't an issue for the model to bring some friends to watch them strut the catwalk for a good cause. I still need to get a couple of more food vendors. 

I submitted a grant application to a large Foundation that has been supporting us for the past few years. We applied for a $5,000 grant, so please keep your fingers crossed for us. We won't hear back for a couple of months. I've been researching some new grant sources, but haven't found anything that is a fit for us. There are are a number of foundations for children's causes that are no longer accepting any applications. Grants are an awesome source of funding and I need to get more. 

Well that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to catch up on emails. I've received a lot of emails about stuffed animal donations and I'm really behind on getting back to people. I also want to keep reading my book- it's an Israeli mystery, The Missing File. I'm enjoying it so much. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: