Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday's Marvels

Well, there weren't any marvels today, but I liked the title for our blog. So what's new? Well, this weekend I did silent auctions at Wine and Beer Fest in Boston. Boston Event Guide organizes the event and they've invited us to do a silent auction at the event for the past few years. It's a fun event and it is a nice fundraiser. We raised almost $1,900 for Project Smile which was good. We auction autographed sports photos that I get from a dealer. It doesn't cost us anything to participate and anything that doesn't sell goes back to the dealer, so it is a simple fundraiser. I love events like that- simple and we make a nice amount of money. It is funny how hard it is to predict what items are going to be popular. There were a bunch of things that didn't sell, some that I thought would do well- including some Bruins photos. There was a picture that didn't sell at Wine Fest, but went for $200 at Beer Fest.

Last week, I realized that our brochure needs some urgent updating. I don't use the print brochures very often and hadn't realized that they haven't been updated in over 5 years. Yikes! It's missing our social media links, a QR code and doesn't have the homeless shelter donations info. It also needs news photos and quotes from participants.  I don't know how I managed to let that slip. It's not good to have outdated info. Even though we don't use a lot of print materials, it is still important to have current info. I started working on some updates to send to our designer, but I need to spend some more time figuring out what changes to make and new photos to add before I send it to our designer.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. There were some interesting articles on marketing in the WSJ today that I want to go and read before I get too tired. I need to have my grapefruit too! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: