Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Happy Monday

Greetings friends! It is finally starting to feel like spring and I am happy! So what's new? Well, today we did another donation of stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons to the Dept. of Children and Families. I dropped them off at the Boston location as usual and they mail them out to the different offices. I already dropped off a bunch a couple of weeks ago to the Worcester office for their Easter baskets for children. Here is a photo from today's donation.

I finally decided on a new work computer to buy. I've been researching and looking at desktops for the past few weeks and found it really hard to make a decision. My current work computer is a Dell which runs on XP. It is getting really slow and now with XP updates no longer being available, I should get a new computer. I had an HP for many years and replaced it with a refurbished Dell which I really liked. I was online with a Dell rep tonight who was very helpful. I'm going to get a Dell XPS 8700 for $699. I need to call them tomorrow with our PS tax exempt info, then I can place the order. The computer got excellent reviews and is the price range that I wanted. I'll take one more look at things tomorrow just to make sure that is the best one to go with, but I'm feeling good about it. I'm excited to get a new fast computer. I'll need some help in transferring documents over and I also need some time to learn the new 8.1 operating system, but once that gets all figured out, we should be good to go.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I feel like I'm fighting off a bit of a cold, so I'm trying to get to bed early. I already had my grapefruit. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: