Thursday, April 17, 2014

Donation Days

Greetings friends. I hope everyone is enjoying this return to cold weather! So what's new? Well, today I was up in Fitchburg for another donation of stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons to the police department. They are always happy to have our items for children. Here is a photo from today's donation.
Next week, we are donating again to Somerville PD. I received an email today from a small police department in northwest Pennsylvania asking for a donation of stuffed animals and other items for the children they encounter. I'm going to mail a couple of boxes to them tomorrow. I'm always happy to send donations to departments outside of New England. It's awesome when they reach out to us. It's easier too if they are smaller departments, because mailing gets rather expensive.

In other news, things are moving along well for our Smiling Stiletto Step into Spring fashion show fundraiser on Thurs., May 1 at Copley Place. Ticket sales are chugging along and fittings have been booked for our models and vendors are in place, so we are in a good position. Miss Massachusetts USA and Ayanna Pressley, Boston City Councilwoman will be special guests and judges for the Best-in-Shoe competition which is one of the highlights of the event. It's going to be a really fun night. It's the type of event that if I heard about it, I would want to attend. Want to join us? Here is the link for details and tix:
http://www.smilingstiletto.com/events.html


Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to catch up on some emails. I also have a grant that I want to work on, but I think I'm getting a little tired. Until next time friends...

No comments: