Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Countdown to Show Day

Greetings friends! So what's new? Well, we're counting down until our Step into Spring fashion show on Thursday at Copley Place. The best news is that we only have 2 tickets left until we are sold out! That is always so awesome. I always get nervous that tickets aren't going to sell and we're going to be left with 20 models, lots of food and drinks and 10 people in the audience- yikes! The event has always been a success- we've continually sold out, so I shouldn't worry so much, but I can't help it. Ticket sales were moving kind of slowly until the last few days and then they just took off. Boston TweetUp put our event into their email newsletter and I think that really helped because their posting got a lot of retweets. I offered the founder a comp tix to come to the event. He has been really supportive of our efforts and I thought he might like to join us. In other news, the publicist for Copley Place helped get us into the G section for Thursday's Boston Globe which is great. We also have some well known bloggers that are planning to come, so that will help spread the word about Smiling Stiletto Shoe Club which in turn helps promote Project Smile!  I picked up the vodka today, so that is all set. We had a model drop out today, so tomorrow evening, I need to go to a fitting with one of the models who is going to be wearing an additional outfit. Wednesday, I will be picking up the cookies that were generously donated from LaCascia's Bakery in Medford, then I'm heading over to Copley to drop off the items and do a walk-thru. Hopefully, tomorrow we will officially sell out and then we can finalize the guest list.

Well friends, there's lots more to write about, but it's after 1am and I'm off to bed. I already ate my grapefruit! Until tomorrow friends!

No comments: