Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Welcome April

Greetings- I'm thrilled to announce that we received a $1 million grant today..... happy April Fool's Day! How I wish that could be true! So what's new?  Today, I did another donation to Boston Police. We donated over 250 stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons. We've been donating to BPD for many years now. It is one of the largest departments that we donate to. We usually donate there every few months. It is hard to keep up with all the departments that participate in our program, especially when you have to make time for fundraising, which takes up a lot of time. Here is a photo from today's donation.
We've been receiving a number of financial donations in honor of David Yates from New Jersey who died recently. He was an avid collector of teddy bears and his family chose Project Smile to receive financial donations in his honor. It is really touching when we receive donations like that. We received a call from a company last week that David used to work with. They are collecting financial donations from employees and will be sending us a check. They asked if we could send stuffed animals to the local police department. I will definitely be reaching out to them. We've had a few memorial donations like this in the past and it always feel like such a honor to receive donations like that.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. There's more to write about, but I'm getting tired and heading to bed early. I seem to jinx myself when I say that- since every time I try to intentionally go to bed early, I usually get energized and go to bed at 2am- which is fine until you attempt to roll out of bed at a decent hour. Off I go to eat my grapefruit. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: