Thursday, January 31, 2008

Almost My Birthday

So here we are, 1 minute away from my birthday and I just wanted to take a moment to say what a great year it has been for me. It hasn't been perfect, there are a lot of major struggles, but each year has been better than the one before it and for that, I am so grateful. I appreciate everyone who helps make my life so happy- family, friends, people who support Project Smile, I couldn't do it without you.

What does this have to do with inside running a non profit? Everything. It may be the same for everyone who starts their own business, but I can only speak for myself when I say how deeply personal Project Smile is. It is personal not simply because I started it, but because it is such a part of who I am. I truly love my work, although there are many frustrations, a ton of anxiety and constant rejection- but at the very bottom, there is such love. I have achieved more in the last few years than I had ever thought of, and I know there is still much more to be done. Project Smile has brought me my greatest joys and a happiness that I had never thought possible.

So tomorrow (or today actually) as I enjoy my birthday, I'll also celebrate another year of Project Smile and the wonderful personal happiness that my work brings to me. Again, thank you to those who have helped make it possible.

No comments: