Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tired

Well, this is going to be a short post because I'm a tired little monkey. Things went pretty well today. I did our first donations to two homeless shelters- one in Dorchester and the other in Framingham. I also dropped off more items at the Somerville PD. I didn't get a lot done in the office today besides make a few calls and send some emails, but it wasn't a lot. It's hard to get other stuff done on days when I have a bunch of donations scheduled. I'm glad that we've expanded to shelters. The Dorchester shelter is home to 26 children. It seemed like a very nice place- it was in an old home in a pleasant neighborhood. Obviously, it is sad that anyone has to live in a shelter, but it definitely makes a difference to be in a decent environment. Hopefully, with our donations, it makes things a little happier for the children that have to be there.

I don't know why I'm so tired- I did have a busy day with the running around, then I had some home related things that I was working on before I went out tonight. I got a bit of a late start today because I made sure to exercise before I started work. I could have skipped the exercise and started work on time, but it really makes a difference when I exercise and I didn't want to skip. The downside was that it made things really rushed for the rest of the morning and I was delayed in getting to Somerville, but things worked out fine in the end.

I find it so annoying when you call a business and ask for a specific person, then the person who answers asks for your name before they tell you that they are the person you called for- or even more annoying- they don't say anything and you have to then ask- "are you ____?" Especially if you are in the business world, the least that you can do is identify yourself when someone is on the other end of the phone, asking for you. Usually when I call someone, I do say who I am as soon as someone picks up, but I don't always do that- especially if I'm calling a main business number. This happened today, that's the reason that it's on my mind.

Anyways friends, my eyes are hurting and I need to sleep- it is only 12:22- a relatively early night. I also wanted to add that my grapefruit last night was one of the most delicious ever- so good that it is still on my mind. No grapefruit tonight though- I already had yogurt and pineapple. Ah- the excitement of Catherine's late night snacks! Until tomorrow...

No comments: