Thursday, January 20, 2011

Events Scheduled

We are getting things lined up for our two big events. Our 5th Annual Charity Date Auction is booked for Friday, September 16 at Gypsy Bar, Boston (same location as usual). Karson and Kennedy are going to be hosting again. I'm so happy about that- they did a phenomenal job last year. I picked a new image from I Stock for our flier and marketing materials. Lisa is updating the flier, once I get that, I can have the new image on our website. I think it is important to use a new graphic for the event every year- it keeps things fresh. I've been reaching out to people who were involved last year. The staffing agency has already committed to sending three staffers to work at our event. The women who came to help last year were great. I've also updated our sponsor package, I'm going to start sending that our shortly. The hunt will start soon for auction items and gift certificates for the date auction couples. It is a little too soon to start recruiting bachelors/ettes to participate.

Our other big event, our Project Smile 8th Anniversary Celebration is booked for Friday, October 21 at the Doubletree Hotel, Milford. That is a few weeks later than we usually do, but there are two holidays that fall on a Friday and the hotel was booked for the Friday before the 21st. I've already started working on getting a speaker. It was funny- yesterday, I went to send a letter to a Boston news anchor that we tried to get last year. I opened last year's letter on the computer and looked at the date- it was exactly one year ago that I mailed the letter last year! I have done that quite a few times with letters that I send every year to various organizations- it will be one year to the day that I send it again and it isn't even something that I think about.

Well, that's the latest tonight. I'm off to eat a grapefruit, then read for a bit- I still haven't finished my novel and I can't renew it again at the library. Until next time..

No comments: