Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Moving Along

Well, I'm not getting any better with blogging on an almost daily basis- one of my new year's resolutions was to blog more. I used to blog a lot more, then slipped. This year started with some very upsetting personal news and that affected my desire to blog. I was distracted and tired. I can't change the news that I heard and it was a shock, but I am working through it and feeling a lot better. I am ready to get back to my new year's resolution and return to blogging: the way I used to do it!

One of my other new year's resolutions was to network more. At first I wasn't sure how to do that. Obviously, it includes going to more events, but there are so many to choose from it can be hard to decide. This month, I joined the Womens Success Network which meets monthly in Franklin, I think that is going to be a great group. I went to their first dinner and it was a really positive experience. I'm looking forward to making a lot of good connections. I also just took over as director of the Downtown Women's Club Metrowest chapter. It is a womens networking group with different chapters all over the country. I've been attending the Attleboro chapter for years and met a lot of very supportive people. Today, I scheduled my first event- a networking and presentation skills workshop on February 24 with Jacki Rose. I met her a couple of years ago at the Attleboro chapter where she did a great presentation. I want to build this group up and expand the membership and have lots of interesting events. It is wonderful to be in a position where you can help other people build their connections. Naturally, my hope is to also build my connections too and meet people who would like to support Project Smile. I still am doing the usual networking that I've been doing before and I'm also going to be attending other events as well. I'm really excited about the new outreach that I'm doing. For a long time, I've been saying to myself that I need to do more in terms of network and I did do more- but now I'm really taking big steps to making that happen.

I think that is also a sign of how I've grown personally as I've grown Project Smile. When I first started doing this full time- 7 years ago this June, I didn't know a lot about running a business or networking, but as time as gone on and I have grown Project Smile, I have learned so much and I've become a lot better at what I do. There is still so much more to learn, but I really feel that I'm on the right track to have great years of growth for Project Smile coming up. Of course, one of the most important parts of being able to grow PS is to reach out to people and gain new supporters.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I was intending to read my novel that I've been reading for almost two months- I have wanted to read more- there are so many good books out there, but I can't seem to find the time or when I do have the time, I'm too tired. I'm going to make it a goal this year to change that. Until tomorrow friends....

No comments: