Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Slow Start

Well, July is off to a bit of a slow start. We were rejected by one of the Foundation's that I recently applied for. They invited us to apply again in the future, so I think it is a funding issue for them. It is disappointing though. I need grant support and right now it isn't coming through. I was searching for new grants this afternoon and found two more that we are good fits for. Hopefully, we will have good news from some of the other grants that we recently applied for. I'm concerned that I haven't heard any news from the Foundation grant that we applied for in March. I applied online and they don't have a way to follow up. I got an email when I applied to say that they received it, but I haven't heard anything since. The constant pursuit of funding gets exhausting sometimes and is really stressful. To top it all off today, I had a sore throat and wasn't feeling so good- so that just made bad news hit harder.

The meeting that was scheduled for today with the Boston event planners was rescheduled. One of the ladies was out sick and they also needed more time to get some of the budget details together for me. I was relieved that they rescheduled it since I wasn't feeling so good.

Tomorrow, I need to get back to work on auction items and gift certificates for the date auction couples. I also need to follow up with getting more calendar photo shoots scheduled. There are a lot of other things to work on too, but I can't remember them right now- I need to write my list.

Well, I'm off to bed. Hopefully a good nights sleep will help me feel better tomorrow and lead to some good things happening. Until tomorrow friends..

1 comment:

Chris Vrotsos said...

So sorry to hear this Catherine! I hope things are getting better as the days press on.

Here's a quote from FDR: "If you feel like you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!"

Sending good energy your way!