Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Latest and Greatest

So what's the latest? Well, I received a $100,000 donation... OK, that didn't happen, wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to announce a donation like that! Things are chugging along slowly. The biggest challenge right now is wrapping up calendar sponsors. I have 2 1/2 months that need to be filled. One of our board members will be taking care of one of those months, which is great. There is a potential sponsor who will hopefully be taking another month, but that is not a definite and I need another half sponsor. I also have two sponsors from last year that I've been trying to get commitments from. I've reached out to other potential sponsors, but I don't have any commitments. I'm not sure of who else to contact for sponsorship.

Calendar photos are coming out great. It is always a lot of fun doing the pictures. We have a lot of new children featured in the calendar. I'm doing photos at an ambulance company in Cambridge tomorrow morning. I have about 5 more photo shoots that need to be done. One is already scheduled for early August. I don't have a calendar cover photo yet. Usually, when I take the photos, I know as soon as I look at them on the computer if they are a contender for the cover. There have been a ton of great pictures, but there hasn't been one that has jumped out as an obvious cover choice.

I've been working on getting more auction items. I've been reaching out to some of the ladies from the WSN networking group that I'm a member of. They've been really responsive with donating items for the Anniversary Celebration silent auction, so that's been really good. I keep trying to add new donors as well as contacting the previous donors. Right now, I'm particularly looking for jewelry, outings, tickets to events and restaurant gift certificates- but obviously, all donations are welcome.

Well, there is lots more to write about, but I'm tired and starting to forget. I'm off to watch Leno, write my list and head to bed. I already had a ton of watermelon tonight, so I'm holding off the urge to go and eat some more. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: