Monday, July 30, 2012

Wrapping Up July

I can't believe July is almost over- that means we are only a month and a half away from the Date Auction, only 2 1/2 months to the Anniversary Celebration and a few weeks left to wrap up the calendar, plus we have 4 fashion shows between now and mid-October. So much going on!

So what's the latest? Well, last week we did another donation to Boston PD. We donated over 250 stuffed animals and a 100 books and coloring books/crayons. Here is a really nice photo from our donation that their photographer took. I particularly love the lighting in this photo.
I finished one grant last week- it was a pretty straight forward grant application. This was our first time applying for this grant. The company has expanded recently and we fit in with their funding priorities. I don't know when I will hear back. I have another grant that I need to get done this week.

Things are moving along well with the Date Auction. We have a new sponsor on board who will be doing a partial financial donation and an in-kind donation of gift certificates that we can give to the 'couples' and perhaps use in the silent auction. I've also heard back from another sponsor that was already on board for the Date Auction and they are helping out with some gift certificates too. The marketing is coming together. I need to speak with Lisa about getting some of our ads finalized. We are still waiting for a few more logos from sponsors.

Here's a funny volunteer interaction. I received an email last night from someone who wanted to volunteer, asking me if she should send her resume over. I wrote back to her today and then she responded a few minutes ago saying that she actually wasn't going to have time to volunteer- we hadn't even discussed hours. I'm not sure why people bother to inquire about volunteering and then change their mind less than 24 hours later.

Anyways, back to updates- I did calendar photos with a 1 1/2 year old little girl today. She was so adorable. She was also the best dressed little kid that we've photographed this year. Her mom dressed her in a little sailor dress with matching hat. She looked absolutely lovely. I haven't loaded the photos onto the computer yet, but from looking at them on the camera, they looked cute. It's hard when kids are that age because they don't want to sit still and smile for very long!

Well, there is lots more to write about, but I have a lot of emails that I need to catch up on. Tomorrow, I need to work on the usual things along with wrapping up calendar sponsors and photos, date auction and anniversary celebration work and make some progress on the next grant. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: