Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Downside and a Bright Spot

Well, today for the most part was one of those days that you want to just forget and move on from. I was focused on fundraising, particularly on sponsors and gift certificates for the Date Auction. I reached out to a lot of businesses, but didn't get through to many people. I also heard back from a number of other businesses that aren't going to donate gift certificates. Rejection is part of the business- I get far more rejections in fundraising than I do successes. It gets hard though when you get a lot of it in one day. The rejections make you work longer and fight harder to get those positive results. You can't let it get you down, but some times it is hard to remember that. We have an incredibly awesome event to promote in the Date Auction and I'm working to get it on the radar of these new potential sponsors. It's also a great marketing opportunity for in-kind donors and they're helping an awesome cause.

There was something that happened today that cheered me up. I went to pick up the mail and there was a card there from a long time supporter, Bob from Fitchburg. He had enclosed a check for $50 and a really nice note thanking us for all our work to help children. It was such a nice donation and it came at the perfect time. It was a reminder of the people that care about our work and help us.

Yesterday, I was at Lowell PD doing another donation- we donated over 200 stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons. Here is a photo from the donation.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm stopping work- I was going to go back and send some more emails, but I think that's enough for tonight. I'll be back at it tomorrow- in full fighting force! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: