Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day friends- I hope everyone had a happy day and felt some love! So what's the latest? Well, the day ended up on a high note- we may have another co-host on board for the Date Auction.  I emailed a radio DJ on a new Boston channel and she responded immediately that she was definitely interested in co-hosting. She needs to check with her promotions department and get back to me. We've had a lot of radio personalities host in the past and they've always done a fabulous job. They're also able to help with promoting the event which is great as well. I hope it works out, I think she and Michael Winter would do a great job together. I will keep you posted as soon as I hear- keep your fingers crossed for us please!

I've been dragging my feet with this large grant. I'm technically done with it, but I'm hesitant to submit. I'm not sure if it needs to be changed, but I don't know what to change. The goal is to submit it next week at the latest, but I like to get it done tomorrow. Maybe I just need to stop staring at it.

The Date Auction gift certificate hunt is well underway. I'm hunting for items for both the silent auction and for the 'couples' to use on their dates. One of the restaurants that donated last year, won't donate again which is disappointing. However, there is a North End restaurant that I'm going to tomorrow with my Meet Up group and they said they would donate, so that would take the place of the restaurant that declined to help us. One small step... 39 more steps to go until we get to the magical 40 gift certificates! Yesterday and today, I worked on contacting a number of Boston theatres that have donated tickets in the past. I've also been working on sponsorship outreach- no news to report right now.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to read and eat a few more clementines. The season is pretty much over for clementines, but a bag of delicious ones from Trader Joe's magically appeared in the kitchen yesterday. Until next time friends...

No comments: