Friday, September 6, 2013

It's Getting Real..

Well, it is getting real friends... I did the Date Auction walk-thru at Venu today. There is something about doing a walk-thru that makes an event even more real. Up until now it is all a collection of emails, ads, photos, profiles, sponsors, gift bag items, auction items, promo materials- everything that needs to come together. When you physically walk into the venue and go over the layout-  it becomes that much more real. I've been working with Vanessa at Venu and she has been awesome. It really means a lot to work with a venue that is welcoming and helpful. Events are a challenge to organize, so when you have good people to work with, it makes it that much easier. Vanessa was very helpful in making suggestions for the layout. This is our first time having the event at Venu, so it takes extra time to figure out where everything is going to go. Gregory, the  owner of Boston Mojo Photo Booth stopped by as well and we decided on a location for the photobooth. I can't tell you how excited I am to have a photo booth at the event- amazing!

Things are moving along well with ticket sales, so that is a good sign. We lost a few bachelors and bachelorettes over the last couple of days, but I was able to replace them immediately with people from the waiting list, so that wasn't a big deal. It really sucks to lose people once the program is printed, but up until that point it is fairly easy to swap people out. We wait until as close to the event as possible to get the program printed. I had an anxiety dream last month that I was at the Date Auction and didn't have any tables or programs, so I would be happier to get the program printed as soon as we can.

In other good news- the first draft of our 2014 calendar is ready! I just looked at it briefly tonight and it looks great. I need to take time and go through it carefully- checking the calendar dates, ads and photos- making sure everything is where it needs to be.

Well friends, I was about to go back and do some more work, but I'm getting tired and should go to sleep. I'm also getting a bit of a headache, which is another good reason to go to bed. On a separate note- happy 27th birthday to my beautiful sister Cordelia!

No comments: