Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Night Before

Well, here we are friends- the night before another Date Auction. I have enough butterflies churning to start my own butterfly exhibit. We've been here six times before, but the feelings never get old. It's a combination of excitement and nerves. The good thing is that no matter what happens tomorrow, I know that I've put everything I have into this event and I'm proud of the effort. I can't think of anything else that needs to be done to prepare for tomorrow night and hopefully everything goes smoothly. We've done awesome marketing and I'm so appreciative of everyone who helped promote the event. We have things that we've never had before- including a photo booth from Boston Mojo and our own step & repeat that was generously donated by Anchor & Star, a local printing/design company. Some of our participants have sent in the song that they are going to come onstage to which is really fun. Our DJ has been great in getting the music organized that they want to play. We have two newspapers that are coming to photograph the event which is terrific.

I did a radio interview on the Michael Graham show which airs on BostonHeraldRadio.com and 6 AM stations. The show's producer, Adam, is one of our bachelors participating, so he invited me to call in to the show to talk about the event. I love doing radio interviews- they are always so much fun. Radio personalities are also really good with interviewing people. It was a little over 5 minutes which was good. I'm going to see if Adam can send me the clip so we can put it on our website.

 So wish me luck tomorrow please! There is a lot of pressure to have a successful event, obviously for financial reasons and to keep generating good buzz. I also have to justify the enormous amount of time that goes into this event- it is time that wasn't spent on other things. Things are looking good for tomorrow- we are in an excellent place for advanced ticket sales. We only had one person drop out since the programs were printed. So, lets keep our fingers crossed that we have a wonderful night tomorrow! Until next time friends... hopefully, next time I will be telling you about a great night and successful event!

No comments: