Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Event Success!

Well friends, I am happy say that our 10th Anniversary Celebration was a success! We raised $12,000 for Project Smile and had an awesome time! Our attendance was good, our guest speaker Susan Wornick did an awesome job. She was very funny with the stories she told. Our host, Dick Ferrucci, did a great job as usual. Miss Massachusetts and my friend Olga who is Ms. Massachusetts Globe attended the event and did a lovely job greeting guests and helping showcase the live auction items. I'm so happy that the event went well. Thank you so much to everyone who attended, sponsored, volunteered and donated. I couldn't have done it without everyone's support. While I like all the events that we do, I'm particularly fond of this one because it is an opportunity to talk to our friends and supporters and personally thank them for their support. After all the work on getting auction items, it is also fun to see who buys which items and also see what the most popular items are.

On Saturday, I zoomed over to Boston to do two silent auctions at Wine Fest which is organized by Boston Event Guide. They're really supportive of us and we've been doing silent auctions at their events for the past few years. They've always worked out well. These auctions did great. We raised $1,500 which is awesome for a few hours worth of work. People were really engaging in bidding wars for some of the pictures. It was great timing because the Red Sox parade was earlier in the day, so people were already in the mood for Red Sox memorabilia and we had an amazing autographed Jonny Gomes picture which was a copy of his Sports Illustrated cover.

It is so important not to be lazy- I was exhausted on Saturday and really did not want to do the auction at Wine Fest. Even while I was driving in, I kept wishing that I didn't have to go. I just wanted to curl up in bed and sleep. However, I knew it was a good opportunity and besides the fact that it would be rude not to show up- I couldn't miss out on raising money. We usually raise about $1,000 during the two auctions, so I was really happy that we raised an additional $500.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to eat my grapefruit and catch up on some emails. I also want to spend at least few minutes reading this awesome book, "Night Film" that my sister recommended. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: