Thursday, December 12, 2013

Happy Days

Greetings friends! So what's new? Well, today I dropped off a box filled with books, coloring books and crayons to the Fitchburg Police department. Their Domestic Violence Advocate called me recently and asked if we could drop off more items for children, so I was happy to drop them off. They still had a supply of stuffed animals. After Fitchburg, I zoomed over to Medfield to pick a bunch of toys that one of our families who have been awesome supporters, bought for us. The toys will be given to the children at the Entre Familia homeless shelter holiday party next week. Donna, the mom, who has been an awesome supporter, did an amazing job with buying a lot of toys and art supplies for the kids. Tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to stop at Walmart and buy some remaining items for the children- mostly ones for the newborns and children that are under 3 years old. Between my friend Jen helping buy items, our board member Michelle purchasing a bunch and today's donation and the items that I've been collecting over the year, we have a great amount- more than 100% of what we did last year. I am so excited for the children's holiday party- it is going to be a great time for them. I can't wait to see how happy they will be when they open their gifts.

Tomorrow morning, we're doing another donation to Boston PD. I also need to set up our next donation to DCF- we always do a donation before Christmas. In other good news- we received a $3,500 grant from the Brown Foundation. They've been supporting us for approximately 5 years and this year, they even donated more that what we asked for- a very nice surprise indeed!

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to eat some more leftover lemon meringue pie- one of my favorite foods and put the box of books/coloring books together for our donation to Boston PD tomorrow. I need to be out early, so I don't want to have to spend time getting it ready in the morning. Until next time friends...

No comments: