Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Latest and Greatest Snow Edition

Happy snow friends! It is another winter wonderland happening today. So what's new? Well, tomorrow is the children's Christmas party at the Entre Familia homeless shelter at the Boston Public Health Commission in Mattapan. A local company, Shepherd & Goldstein, reached out to us last week and made a $250 donation and offered to help with any upcoming projects- so I told them that we needed help in wrapping the gifts for the party. They purchased the paper and gift bags and I went to their office on Monday. It was so much fun sorting the gifts and matching them up to the 20 children that will be getting them. We got a nice assortment of items for the kids. The employees did an awesome job with helping sort them gifts and wrapping them up. The bags look so pretty. It was great to have their help. I hope this is something we can do every year. Here is a photo from our wrapping party.
We have a few extra gifts left over and some Build-a-Bear teddy bears, so I reached out to the Worcester DCF office to see if they needed any additional Christmas gifts for children. David, at DCF, emailed me back immediately and said there was a great need for items. I'm going to drop off at least 2 boxes of gifts this week for Worcester kids. I wish we had more resources to provide more gifts for children. It is so sad to think that there will be children who won't have any Christmas gifts.

Well, I'm off to catch up on a few emails- I'm trying to wrap up lots of little things before the end of the year and I'm furiously trying to clean up my office- a never ending project! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: