Monday, June 23, 2014

Calendar Photos Kick-Off

Greetings friends! I hope everyone is loving this delightful summer weather. Happy official start of summer! I love summer, but I start to get anxious because it means our 2 big fall events are getting closer and closer. So what's new? Well, tomorrow is our first photo shoot for our 2015 calendar. I always like to start calendar photos- I forgot how much fun they are until I start them. We're off to a later start than usual, but that's OK. I have 3 photo shoots scheduled this week, so that's good. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for the rest of the week. I decided to create an email invitation to recruit new families to participate in the calendar. I hadn't done that before, but I really want to include as many children as possible, so figured an email invite would be a good start. I was so happy with the way the email blast came out. It is something that I would want to participate in after seeing the invite. I use Constant Contact for our email blasts. It can be buggy at times, but I really do like it. Their templates are good and they've made some big improvements to their service in recent years.

I seem to have stalled a bit of calendar sponsors, so I need to get back to that tomorrow. I'm waiting to hear from a number of sponsors- I always seem to be waiting to hear from people or following up. Most days, I spend at least a third of the day simply following up with people that I've already reached out to. Following up gets rather tiresome. In my perfect world, people would always respond promptly. I always try to keep in mind that everyone is busy and I'm not always the best about getting back to all the inquires I get for stuffed animal donations- but even keeping that in mind, it does get frustrating to always be spending so much time chasing after people. 

Well friends, there's lots more to write about, but my eyes are hurting and I'm getting tired. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: