Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tuesday Happenings

Greetings friends! Blogging 2 days in a row- I've almost forgotten what that's like! So what's happening? Well, here is a photo from our donation yesterday to Boston PD of over 250 stuffed animals, coloring books/crayons and reading books. It was a memorable donation yesterday because my youngest sister drove me. She is taking her driver's license road test next week, so she was practicing her driving by going into Boston with me. It was funny, because she was very concerned about not being able to see out of the rearview mirror- I tried to convince that when I took driver's ed, they turn the review mirror away from you so that you can't use it when on the highway. They want you to use your mirrors. That didn't help her feel better. I told the police sergeant that she was practicing her driving and he was very nice- he stopped 2 lanes of traffic so she could back out of the parking lot easily! I'm happy to say that she is doing very well with her driving.
In other news, I have 2 grants that need worked on. I got good news last week that we will be receiving a $4,000 grant from a local Foundation that has supported us for many years. That was a relief. I always get so anxious about our grants. I'm waiting to hear back from another grant application- keeping my fingers crossed that it is good news too.

Tomorrow, I'm sending another email blast for the Anniversary Celebration and then I'm working on calling everyone who has been invited to the event. We need a good turnout and I have to do everything possible. We're going to be promoting it on the local radio next week. I also should start working on the bid sheets for the auction so we can get that done and out of the way.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to eat some of my mom's amazing apple pie. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: