Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Happy Grant News

Greetings friends! So what's new? Well, we received happy grant news in the form of a $5,000 grant from the TJX Foundation! The Foundation has been supporting us for the past few years and I am so happy to have their support of our work. We applied at the end of last year. I was wondering what the status was of our application and getting a little concerned because I hadn't heard anything yet. I was on their website a couple of days ago and saw that they were retooling their grant application system, so I wasn't sure what that meant for our grant. I went to pick up the mail yesterday and there was the envelope. I always get a burst of anxiety before I open the envelope. I always check to see if I can feel a check inside- indeed it was a little bulky, so that was a good sign, but then I thought, maybe it was just a notice to all the organizations that have received grants to let them know that there was a new system starting soon for applications. I hurried into the car and opened the envelope. I always let out a little cheer when I get news like that. The feeling never gets old. You work so hard for every grant, every dollar raised, so it's nothing short of a victory when you get the results you want.

I want to send a press release to our local newspaper about the grant. I emailed the Foundation today to thank them and asked for a quote that we could include. On a personal note- Marshall's, Home Goods and TJ Maxx are my favorite stores to shop at, so it makes me even happier to shop there knowing that they support Project Smile!

In other grant news, we also received a $500 grant from the Price Chopper Foundation in support of our local work. They have donated to us in the past. It's always great to have continued support like that. It's really the foundation for growing an organization.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm very happy to share our good news with you! Until next time friends...

No comments: