Thursday, February 11, 2016

Thursday Happenings

Greetings friends! So what's new? Besides, the suddenly very frigid temperatures? Well, things are chugging along. I had a meeting with Assembly Row on Tuesday to talk about our very exciting event that we are planning to do. We weren't able to finalize a date/time then. We have a phone call tomorrow to talk about it more, so hopefully, we will have a firm date and then we can get to work and I can share the news with everyone!

Last week, we made another donation to Somerville PD. We've been donating to Somerville for a number of years. The sergeant gave me a card for a nearby women and children homeless shelter, she suggested that I reach out to them, because they made need items. I didn't get to it yet, but it will be on my list for tomorrow. Here's a photo from that donation.
A middle school community service group reached out today- they had reached out a few weeks ago wanting to raise money to buy items for us. I had suggested that they donate the money directly to us, so that we could buy the items that we need ourselves. I hadn't heard back from them, so I wasn't sure what they were going to do. They emailed today and had collected $300 for us- so nice!

In other news, we raised $1,200 on Saturday at our silent auction during Boston Event Guide's winter wine/beer fest. I love those events, because we raise good money with limited amount of effort. If we could do more, that would be great. They just added this event, so that made it even better. It's always so hard to predict what items are going to do well. Some Bruins photos that always used to do well, didn't sell while another picture of the Patriots crossing the Charles River- an artist's interpretation- did amazing. One autographed Ortiz photo sold for over $500, but then one in the second session, didn't get any bids.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. Once again, I have a bunch of emails that I need to catch up on. I bought a new variety of oranges at Market Basket today- Cara Cara- which I am rather excited to try- probably more excited than I should be! Until next time friends...

No comments: