Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's Thanksgiving Week!

Well, here we are- just a couple of days to one of the best holidays of the year- Thanksgiving! I love the days leading up to Thanksgiving as well- the food shopping, the cooking, siblings coming home, (my aunt and uncle aren't coming this year though which is disappointing)- it's all good. So what am I thankful for this year with Project Smile? I'm thankful that we're holding our own financially- in a year of vast economic troubles, we are doing OK. Of course, things have been difficult for us, but the fact that we have a small budget has really been a blessing this year. I'm also thankful for all the people that support our work- the people that have continued to support us and the new people that are now supporting our work- it is really wonderful. Personally, I'm thankful for my family and friends and all the fun stuff that I've been doing this year.

Anyways, so what else is happening? Well, I'm gearing up for our Santa and Stilettos event next Tuesday with the Hello Stiletto Shoe Club. It is going to be such a fun event, I'm really excited. We have some great auction items and I'm picking up more sports items shortly. We've book Santa Claus who is generously donating his time. Jessica from Leokadia is going to be one of our shoe judges and she is donating a special shoe prize too. I am worried about attendance, but that is hardly anything new. I've got the word out as much as I can and Melissa is promoting it to all the shoe club members. We should get a good turnout from them since it is a Shoe Club event. The only cost that I have is the DJ services, so it's not like I'm on the hook for a lot of money. I do have a lot of calendars that still need to be sold, so I really need a lot of people there. Each guest will receive a calendar with their $10 ticket donation at the door. My personal goal is to have 100 people there. It is totally feasible. I'm also concerned about the weather, but I can't control that, so I need to stop worrying about it.

Tomorrow, I am going to spend some time cleaning up the office. I'm not planning on making business calls tomorrow- a lot of people are away or trying to get out of the office early, so it isn't the best time to reach people. However, now that I'm thinking of it- I am going to make a couple of follow up calls to people who usually make annual donations. Hopefully, if I can reach them, they will be in a happy holiday mood and will commit to their usual donation!

I'm not sure how much blogging I'm going to be doing for the rest of the week. I'm taking Wednesday and Friday off work. I'm planning on blogging tomorrow, but in case things change- I hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for supporting Project Smile.
Now, before I go to bed I need to get on the phone with Comcast and figure out why half my tv channels are scrambled. Hopefully it is a problem on their end and my much loved television is not going on the fritz. Wish me luck!

No comments: