Friday, February 12, 2010

Chugging Along

Today was a chugging along kind of day- it was much better than yesterday. I still wasn't moving particularly quickly, but I did make progress on a number of fronts. I contacted potential hosts for the date auction, one person has expressed interest in hosting with their radio partner, so if that works out- it would be awesome. I would like to have that settled soon. I was also working on obtaining a special guest speaker for our anniversary event. One person that I really wanted won't be able to attend, that was disappointing, but at least I know that now. I also started work on auction items- I only did a couple, tomorrow, I will contact more. I'm working first on the big ticket items. I proofed the grant again this morning and mailed it. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. It would be great to get this grant. I also submitted our date auction updates to our web host and I need Lisa to do the finishing touches on our auction sponsorship package. I need to start contacting sponsors as soon as possible.

Tomorrow, I'm going to spend most of the day working on events and I want to spend some time on grant writing. I need to focus on getting up to speed with our events- it makes me very anxious when I feel behind on event work. It's funny how I am like clock work sometimes- I was searching for 2 old emails that I had sent to two sponsors last year (I needed to email them about this year's event)- it turns out it is almost a year to the day since I had sent both emails. That actually happens relatively frequently.

Well friends, it is 12:50 and I'm trying to follow the 'bed by 1am' rule that I've imposed. I'm also working on eating lunch earlier (I found that I wait too long to have lunch and get really tired) and also drinking an extra cup of tea during the day to help with energy. I did notice that I had more energy today, so I'm going to stick with my lunch/tea plan. I also used my timer today to keep me focused and used my list. I'm glad it was a productive day- tomorrow is going to be even better. Since tomorrow is Friday and I probably won't be blogging- I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: