Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Expanding

A cool thing happened yesterday- I received a call from a Columbia, SC police officer. He was asking for some help in organizing stuffed animal drive in his community, so that Columbia officers can have them to give to children. Of course, I offered to send stuffed animals and coloring books and reading books to them so they can have them immediately. So we are now expanding to South Carolina- how cool is that? I also gave him so advice on how to organize collections as well, but we're more than happy to send items on a regular basis. Our goal is to become a national charity, so this is one small step to get us there. I was really impressed with how involved this department sounds with its community and they are really into having stuffed animals for children. I would kind of love to bring the stuffed animals down to SC myself so I can meet them, but that isn't really feasible.

So what else is going on? I need to promote our Project Smile credit card more. Capital One just increased their promo- now, when people use their credit card for the first time, we will receive a $50 donation, instead of a $25 donation. I have a nice link on our site to it, I've done a stand-alone email and I've included it in our newsletter, so I'm not sure what else I can do to promote it. I do have to keep getting the word out though. I know a lot of people don't necessarily want to sign up for another credit card, so that's an obstacle. But if we could get a least a small group on board, that would be great. There is no cc fee for the customer and the APR is pretty good and they can design their own card- and we get to benefit with every purchase they make- so it is a really good thing.

There were a lot of things that I didn't get to today. I got distracted with some personal issues. I was planning on going back to work after blogging, but now I'm too tired. I'm going to have a grapefruit and then head to bed. It isn't even midnight, so this should be an early night. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: