Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Quiet Days

So what's new? Well, I've been fighting off a bug/cold for the past two days. I definitely don't feel sick enough not to work, but I also definitely don't feel well enough to work with full energy. I've been trying to focus on things that don't require a ton of brain power and energy. I was focusing on getting auction items for our two big events, particularly working on the anniversary event. I sent a lot of emails and made some phone calls as well. I don't have much in terms of results, but that is hardly anything new- it usually takes a while. I did get a couple of commitments for gift certificates, which is a good start. We have a very long ways to go though. I need to do a lot of work for getting date auction sponsors and that has me a little worried. I need to reach more companies, but I need some help in identifying potential sponsors. It is such an awesome event and would be a perfect fit for a company that wants to target that young professional market in Boston. I'm also trying to get a beverage sponsor who will donate product for the gift bags. I've been trying to reach my contact who donated last year, but haven't heard back yet.

I reached out to one of our platinum sponsors for the anniversary event and he emailed me back almost immediately, saying they were back on board for the same level of sponsorship as last year, so that was a good beginning. Even though this would be their 3rd year sponsoring, I still hold my breath before I open their email- I never take support for granted.

I hope I feel better tomorrow- I can't be sick! I have a business networking lunch meeting tomorrow, then I'm off to Boston for a radio interview taping. It's pretty exciting, I'm being interviewed by Candy O'Terry from Magic 106.7 for her show, Exceptional Women. I'm really looking forward to that. I haven't been on the radio in a while and I find it really fun. I love talking about Project Smile and it will be great to meet Candy- I've listened to her on the radio for quite a few years! I don't know when it will air, but I'll keep you posted.

Well, that's about all for me tonight. There are lots of other things to write about, but I can't focus on much more. I hope this generally yucky feeling goes away. I think I'll go have another carrot cupcake that I made tonight- they came out really well and actually pretty healthy- no butter, not too much sugar, egg substitute, no frosting (I'm not a frosting fan), carrots, raisins, walnuts..
Wish me luck for my radio interview- no sick symptoms allowed! Until tomorrow friends..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will you email me the carrot cake recipe? Sounds great!
- blake