Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Date Auction Work

We have date auction hosts! Two well known Boston radio personalities- how cool is that! I am relieved to have that taken care of and to have two people who are well known in the Boston area. I think they will do a great job. I did a lot of work on the date auction. Lisa put our date auction sponsorship info into a nice looking pdf and I was working on contacting last year's sponsors to get them back on board. One start up company that sponsored last year is no longer in business, so that was rather disappointing. I need to work on targeting new companies. It is such an awesome marketing opportunity for businesses who want to reach that young professionals market in Boston. I also started work on getting date auction gift certificates and I've started recruiting single ladies to be auctioned< I asked one of the hosts from last year if she wanted to be auctioned and she is totally into it. She also is recruiting her single girl friends as well.

It is kind of funny- I woke up this morning feeling rather stressed out and not looking forward to working. I didn't write my list last night, I hadn't cleaned my office yesterday as I had intended to- it felt like it was going to be one of those not very productive days. But even before I got out of bed, I decided that I was going to make it a good day- I did my exercising and got going and made it a productive day. I've been rather obsessed with watching Olympic coverage- it is so inspiring to see how hard the athletes work to get to the Olympics. Watching these people who worked many years to get where they are and push themselves as hard as possible, it makes me want to be the very best that I can. I know that I can be better and I want to run Project Smile the very best that I can- I have my version of an Olympic dream. I know that it takes a long time to get there, but it can be done- there's no reason it can't.

I was reading a book tonight that I'm loving- The Friday Night Knitting Club and there was a quote in it that I wanted to share: "Life doesn't always turn out the way you think. Sometimes it's even better". I stopped when I read that and reread it a few times- it was a reminder that good things happen, many good things happen and it's important to hold onto that.

Anyways friends, I'm off to eat grapefruit, write my list, read a little more and try to get to bed before 1am (still doing terribly on the bed by 1am- blame it on NBC rebroadcasting their Olympic coverage starting at 1am, so I can catch up on what I missed earlier!)Until next time..

No comments: