Monday, August 16, 2010

Goals

It is midnight and our date auction is now officially only a month away- can you believe it? I can't, it seems like yesterday I was calling Gypsy Bar to choose the date. How are we doing with it? Things are moving along- we still need more bachelors and more gift certs and auction items, but a lot of things are in place- lovely ladies signed up, 14 bachelors, awesome hosts, Sofft Shoes on board, some gift bag items already in hand, marketing is gearing up, we have gift certificates, although we do need more. I am feeling good about things, but nervous of course. There is a lot of pressure to have a successful event and this next month is crucial time for the date auction and our anniversary event.

Lisa sent me a draft of our 2011 calendar. It looks really cute, there are a lot of adorable photos in there. There are always changes that need to be made- I sent my revisions to Lisa. There will probably be more changes after she sends the new version over. I usually need to look at things for a while because it can take me a bit of time to identify things that need to be changed.

My goals for the week are to find more bachelors, work on event marketing, follow up with gift bag donors to get more items in hand and with sponsors to get their program ads, get more gift certificates for the couples and more auction items. For the anniversary event, I need to get in touch with Lisa about the invitation and work on getting more auction items. I also need to do our August newsletter and website updates. There are more things that I need to work on, but I can't remember right now.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I was going to read for a bit, but my eyes are hurting. I'm going to write my list and then bed, until tomorrow...

No comments: