Thursday, August 12, 2010

Updates

Well, first of all- I'm sorry for not blogging since last Wednesday- I haven't been a very good blogger lately. So what's happening? In good news- calendar photos have been finished and Lisa, our designer, has them all. We received our last ad copy that we were waiting for today and the last half month ad spot was taken care of because one of our sponsors ended up taking a full month ad instead of a half month- good news all around. The next step is proofing the month pages that Lisa sent me today, checking the ads and then waiting for Lisa to send a final version, then send it back to her with revisions- it is always fun to do that part.

I had to send my digital camera back to Canon for repairs last week. I have been really happy with Canon's customer service. I had an older digital camera which they fixed for free a couple of years ago and paid the shipping. The camera that I got last year after my 35mm broke has been great, but then right when I started doing this year's photos, it had trouble with the focusing and a message would appear saying there was a lens error. The 1 year warranty was up on July 29, but I wasn't done with photos, so I couldn't send it in. I called Canon and they said they give a 2 month warranty grace period. I was really impressed with that. I mailed it on Friday and got an email today saying they inspected it and should be sending it back within 7 days fixed. I would definitely recommend Canon for their excellent customer service.

So what else is going on? We lost one of our date auction bachelorettes today- she is going to be out of town, but the good news is that I have a wait list of ladies who want to sign up, so I contacted one of them and she is more than happy to participate. I wish it was as easier on the bachelor side of things. I seriously need more fire fighters and I'm not sure where they are going to come from. We do have some signed up already, so that is good and we have a bunch of police and some other handsome guys, but I'm looking for 8 more bachelors. We'll get there, but it is a long process.

I've been working on getting auction items that people have promised, but we haven't received yet. It always happens that people promise donations for our silent auctions and never deliver- that is one of the worst things. A lot of times, I have to make 5 or 6 phone calls/emails to keep following up to actually get the auction item. I spend a ton of time each day just following up with people. I know that everyone is busy, but it gets frustrating to have to spend so much of my day trying to follow up, particularly with people who already said they would donate. It does boggle my mind when people say they will donate and never actually do it. I've been trying to many times to reach one of the bachelors who said he was going to be auctioned off and also donate a helicopter tour ride of Boston for our silent auction- a really cool item. He hasn't responded to any of my calls/emails. I'm not going to contact him anymore- even I have reached my limit with that one.

Well friends, there is much more to write about, but I'm getting tired. I need to get back on track with my blogging because there is a lot to update everyone on. I'm going to catch up on emails now, I have a lot of stuffed animal donation inquiries that I need to respond to. Until next time friends...

No comments: