Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to Blogging!

I have been such a dreadful blogger lately- I am so sorry! We are getting back on track this week. I don't even have a legitimate excuse for not blogging, I wasn't sick, I wasn't on vacation. Anyways, so what's happening? Well, this is crunch time- the date auction is only 2 1/2 weeks away and the anniversary event is a month and a day- nine months of work and we are just a few weeks away. I have been getting really anxious about date auction tix sales- it gets very stressful to wait for sales to come in. The good news is that we had good sales yesterday and today, so we are on track- I need to keep reminding myself of that fact. The majority of our promotion comes out after Labor Day, but the word is definitely spreading in advance. Tomorrow, I'm going to send another email to the auction participants and ask them to encourage their friends/coworkers to attend the event and get their tickets in advance. Word of mouth marketing is one of the best ways to get people to attend. There are a million little things that need to be done for the date auction- the major priority is to get the program finished. I'm still waiting for some of the bachelors to send me their info and I'm waiting for one more bachelorette to send her info. I need to finalize the order for all the bachelors/ettes- it is actually quite a process, then I need to organize all the profiles/photos and send them to the graphic designer who is donating her time to put the program together. I'm really grateful for her help because I need to keep the events costs down and it is time consuming to do our date auction program.

In other news- our 2011 calendar is somewhere between Maryland and Rockland, MA- Maryland is where our primary designer lives and Rockland is home to our printer. I am so excited to see the final version. The printer usually takes about ten days, but I get to see a blue line proof within a few days. This will be our 8th Project Smile calendar- isn't that amazing? It seems like yesterday that I was taking our first photos and struggling like heck to get calendar sponsors.

My office is looking like a bomb hit it- it needs to get organized, but it is also home to a sea of beautiful purple PS tote bags- our date auction gift bags. Today was our first day with stuffing the bags. I'm still waiting for a couple of other gift bags items, but I needed to get the stuffing started.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I should go back to work, but I am really tired. I also really want to finish the book that I started reading in FL, I'm really enjoying the book, but it is hard to find the time to read. Anyways friends, until tomorrow...

No comments: