Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednesday Happenings

We are half way through the first week of August- our events are getting closer by the minute! I committed to taking out a 1/4 page ad in a Boston magazine for the date auction. They gave a discounted rate and will promote it on their Twitter and Facebook feeds and they're donating a gift certificate as well. It is still pricey and I'm a little concerned about spending the money. They used to donate an ad every year, but weren't able to donate this year. Since we've always promoted it with them, I was worried about the negative impact of not having an ad in their again. I think I've made the right decision to advertise, but a little part of me also wonders if we could get by without it and still have an awesome turn out. It is also good marketing to get the Project Smile name out there as well, so that is another positive thing about advertising. It is also important that people see the date auction in as many places as possible. Now, I need to get Lisa to send over an ad which fits their dimensions. We have to cut some of the info from the flier in order to make the ad stand out as much as possible.

The calendar photos are wrapping up. I did Uxbridge photos yesterday which came out really well. We had the most people participate than we've had from that department before. Tomorrow morning, I'm in Seekonk (it got rescheduled from last week), then another photo shoot here in the afternoon. Worcester photos are on Friday and then we are done. I'm still waiting for the ad copy from one of our sponsors and I have another ad that I'm not sure what is happening with. I can't wait to get the calendar to the printer, it is always such a relief to have it done.

I scheduled another donation next week to the Department of Children and Families, it has been a couple of months since we donated there. I need to keep reaching more departments, but it has been hard because I have to spend a lot of time working on the calendar and our two big events. Those events are so important for us financially that they deserve all the time that is put into them.

Well, that is it for tonight. I have a lot of emails that I need to catch up on, but I feel like spending a bit of time reading my book. I should probably go and work, that is more important that reading. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: