Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Good Days

Our Project Smile/Smiling Stiletto back drop is now no longer a dream- I picked it up today at Staples! It looks beautiful- the design is perfect and the print job is perfect. It is so big, it takes two people to set it up- it is 8ft x 8ft., it needs to be that size though so it looks good in photos and people don't have to cram into the picture. We set it up at Staples and I learned how to do it myself. I wanted to sit and just stare at it for ages, which is pretty had to do when you're standing in the middle of the Staples print center in front of a massive 8ft. backdrop. It is amazing to think that it was only a year ago that I took over the shoe club and how perfectly it fits into Project Smile and helps Project Smile grow as well.

Here is a photo from today. I have known Donna (she's in the photo with me), the manager at the Watertown Staples since she helped get my very first PS business cards printed. She is so helpful and pleasant to work with that I go to her when I have important jobs to do instead of my local Staples. She was really happy with the back drop too.

In other good news, I reached out yesterday to one of our Date Auction sponsors and they are back on board to sponsor and they have actually increased their sponsorship to the platinum level! Needless to say, I was extremely happy about that. It is always a pleasure to work with this company and it's awesome that they have increased their sponsorship. This puts me almost half way to our sponsorship goal which is excellent, especially since we have 8 months until the big night.  I've been working on applying for our airline ticket donations already too.  One of our big media sponsors is back on board for a sponsorship trade for the Date Auction too. Things are moving along well on that front.

Tomorrow, I will be turning 32 and that of course makes me feel a little reflective. It's crazy to think how fast things have moved over the years. All I can say is that I'm in a good place and in the end, that's all that matters. There are always things that could be better, but the brightness in my life is so much stronger than the stressful things. I've grown a lot over the years and Project Smile has grown with me. I've met a lot of people over the years- a lot who were wonderful and helpful and of course, many who were not. The best thing is that the unhelpful people fade away and when I look back, I remember all the good things and great people that I've met and I am so grateful for that. Our time here is so fleeting, the only way to live is to hold onto the good things. So on that note, tomorrow I will celebrate my first day as a 32 year old woman- things keep getting better every year, so I am excited for all the good things that are going to happen.

Now, I'm off to eat some chocolate (an early birthday celebration) and perhaps my grapefruit-  I'm not sure if that goes with chocolate. Ah, the hard decisions I have to make! Until next time friends...

No comments: