Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Donation Day

Well, today got off to a bit of a rough start, but ended up on a high note. I was feeling frustrated this morning about not hearing back from people that I've been trying to reach in regards to our calendar and fall events. I kept chugging along, drowning the annoyances in an extra cup of tea and then zoomed off to the Mass State Police HQ for our donation of stuffed animals. The State Police were one of the first departments that we donated to when I first started PS. I hadn't done a donation there in a while though. I contacted the state police a few weeks ago and we set up a donation. I also got to meet the Colonel. She really wanted to be a part of the donation which was really nice. The State Police contacted the local news outlets and Channel 4 showed up which was awesome. We haven't received press for our donations in a while so this awesome. They decorated one of their new vehicles with stuffed animals and I have some awesome photos. Here is one with the Colonel:
And this is my new favorite Project Smile photo. The cameraman from CBS 4 took the photo. I love this photo so much! I made it our new cover photo on our FB page.

We donated 250 stuffed animals. The State Police is a huge department, so this is obviously a small donation compared to the size of the force. I told the sergeant that we want to make our donations a lot more frequently so we can provide stuffed animals for all the road troopers to have for children. We work with so many departments now- 174- it is hard to keep up with the donations.

Here is the link to the Channel 4 news clip about our donation:
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/06/12/project-smile-donates-stuffed-animals-to-state-police/

So what else is going on? Well, we got some new ladies signed up for the date auction which is great. I need to get a lot more guys signed up, especially fire fighters. One of the bachelors from the Improper Bostonian's Most Eligible Singles issue sent me in his info/photo last night which was great. I also reached out to another radio producer who is interested in participating too.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I have two photo shoots scheduled tomorrow- hopefully, we will get them in despite the rain. I need to get some more grant work done. I've been caught up with all the other things and haven't worked on grants in a few days. If the morning's photo shoot doesn't happen, I will spend that time grant writing. I have some more calendar ads which need to get taken care (translation: sold) and I need to keep working on scheduling more photo shoots.

I'm off to eat watermelon and start the 3rd book in the Hunger Games series. I finished the second book last night. I'm loving the series. I never would have picked it up if my sister hadn't given them to me and told me to read them- so glad that she did. Until tomorrow friends...



No comments: