Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Shakings

So what's the latest? Well, today we donated to our 175th department- Blackstone PD. Here is a photo from the donation. The chief had actually seen our clip on Channel 4 news about our donation to the state police. 

Next Monday, I'm doing another donation to DCF, that is one of my favorite donations to do. I wish we could do even more donations there. Friday, we're donating again to Oxford PD. Working with so many departments, it is hard to keep up, but I've been doing my best.

The home page on our website is going to get a bit of a facelift. It hasn't undergone significant changes since it was first done- it is up to date and has had a lot of info added to it, but it needs as my web host/designer calls it, "a spring cleaning". You have to scroll down a lot to get to the main info about PS, so that is going to change. There will be a column on the right with the FB, Twitter, blog icons, calendar info, Virtual Aid Drive info, ticket link, etc. Basically, all the info which is in rows is going to be moved into a neat and clean looking column. I've known it needed to be changed, but was concerned about the cost. Richard, our web host, added the Channel 4 clip to the site and suggested that we make the changes. He gave me a good rate, so I've decided to go for it. The website is such an important part of Project Smile, so it needs to be looking its best.

In other good news, it looks like we have a new sponsor for the date auction. This sponsor reached out to us about participating in another event, but unfortunately, we couldn't have their participation in the other event, so I suggested the Date Auction and they've said they wanted to sponsor- so that is good.

There is lots more to write about, but I'm getting tired. Tomorrow is going to be a busy calendar photos day- I have 4 photo shoots scheduled. It is a little much for one day, but some of them were rescheduled because of weather. I did a photo shoot yesterday with a big group of twins- I was there for two hours doing the photos, that was a record! It was a lot of fun, the kids were very cute, but it was also really tiring.

Well, I'm off to eat some more blueberries and yogurt. I really need to get some more watermelon- I'm having withdrawals! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: