Thursday, June 21, 2012

Progress

So what's the latest? Well, we've been chugging along with calendar photos. It was so hot yesterday- 100 degrees, but I managed to get some great photos in our 3 photo shoots. The children were all really cooperative and did an excellent job, even with all the heat. I always forget how much fun it is to do calendar photos until I get started again each year. Right now, I think we are about 1/3 of the way done for photos- maybe less. I have a bunch of new kids featured, so that is great. I did photos today at Auburn PD. They are a fun police department- very enthusiastic and outgoing. There are some departments that I look forward to visiting and that is one of them.

In good news, I got a police officer signed up for the date auction which is great. It actually happened at Auburn- I asked the officers if they knew people at departments in the Boston area, then I explained the date auction and it turned out that one of the officers that I was photographing is single and he volunteered to participate- with a little encouragement from his fellow officers. I think he will do great in the auction. We're still recruiting guys and ladies to participate- so spread the word and help us recruit. Here is the date auction recruiting flier that can be downloaded and shared:
Tomorrow, I'm donating again to Oxford PD. Then I need to work on setting up more photo shoots, sponsors for the anniversary celebration, auction items, calendar sponsors- I still have two months that need sponsors. One of our board members, Michelle, is going to sponsor an additional 1/2 month besides the month she already sponsors which is awesome. I also need to make some serious grant progress. I keep intending to work on the grants this week, but when I've gotten back from doing photos, I'm too tired to focus on grant writing. Photos are great and fun to do, but they require a lot of concentration.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to read book 3 in the Hunger Games series and try to not eat anymore of the lemon sorbet that I got today at the grand opening of Price Chopper in Hopkinton. It is so delicious! The store is great too, although it can't beat the prices of my favorite place- Market Basket.  Until next time friends...

No comments: