Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wednesday Happenings

So what's new? Well, my morning photo shoot was rained out and I did not spend that time working on grants as I promised I would last night. I keep getting wrapped up with other tasks and postponing grant work until later in the day, then I plan to work on the grants at night, but that doesn't happen often enough. I need to commit to spending at least 45 minutes a day on grant writing.

I did manage to get my calendar photos at Hopedale FD in tonight. The rain stopped later in the day and it actually started again for a few minutes while I was finishing up photos. I got some great group photos with the fire fighters. One of the guys brought his son who was a cute little 7 year old. I was really happy with how the photos turned out.

Here is a photo from our donation on Monday to Webster PD- it is our 174th department to work with! For some reason, I seem to keep wearing the same dress for almost all my donations recently- it is getting rather funny.
Here is another nice photo that the state police took at our donation yesterday. They posted it on their twitter page.

In good news- we are getting more people signed up for the date auction. We are halfway towards our quota of ladies, we're lagging behind that with recruiting the guys, but that is not something new. We just got another cool guy signed up tonight which was great and another woman earlier today. I was working on getting more gift certificates donated for the 'couples' to use as well as auction items.

I've also been scheduling some more photo shoots. I have a bunch scheduled, but there are still a ton more to do. It can take a while to get them scheduled. I was getting frustrated these last few days dealing with people who don't respond to emails. It gets difficult when you're constantly spending so much time following up with people. I am used to it, but when you're dealing with trying to follow up with so many people, about so many different things and not hearing back- it can get a little maddening. That is when a nice cup of tea comes in- it always seems to work well when it comes to reducing frustration.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm off to write my lengthy list for tomorrow. I was planning to have some blueberries and yogurt with a peach, but I'm getting a bit of a headache, so I might just go to sleep at a decent hour. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: